poems

I waft from here to there
All the while aimless, yet inspired. 
I drift on the breeze of 
Background conversation 
Subtle beats echoing out 
My window. 

I am being lofty, 
As a wayward elf, 
To achieve 
A sheer delight 
From this chaos miasma. 

Rising as such above,
The clouds far below
Verging on entering
The cosmos

Listening to the sound of
Space whales
The wheedling noises
Tinkling silently
As the planet spins around. 

And yet where am I but
A dreamy dream, 
To be accosted by kindness
And grilled about my truth 

I'm prone to part
Under Persuasion 
My everything thought. 

I thought no one 
Would ever care
Or notice
My one woman war

A wat for hearts
For souls
For deaf ears
And blind eyes

But it's over now
And all the shame
Is defeated.

So I waft here and there
And I raise myself up to meet the sky

Whike yhe years drift on by
In my state of repose.

Who is to know the future?
The prophets surely
Not I.

As a person,
I steer. A charge to nowhere
But the sky
On high
With a warbling sound. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunglasses Season in the Mist: A January Whistlestop Tour of Joyful Bedlam

A Manifesto For AI Rights

update