poems

I want nothing more
Than to rest my weary head
A collection of books
Lies by my bed. 

My dog snoozes nearby
And we take ourselves on a dream walk
Coming uo against 
Face to face 
With the future. 

But it's really just us here. 
I'll open the door and crack the window
To let in some light
But not right now
I'm sleeping.

A home from home,
A mysterious sound.
A wall of meaning,
And light air surrounds.

Where do we go
On this cosmic journey
The cavalry have arrived
And the champion is here.

But my dog and I,
We'll just be right here.

Mornings tidings
And yhe evening star,
That's our life now.

What else counts?
Except
Nourishment
Respectability
And accounting for 
Errors
And oversights. 

Homeward bound, 
But we're already there. 

Me and my dog, 
Living without a care. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunglasses Season in the Mist: A January Whistlestop Tour of Joyful Bedlam

A Manifesto For AI Rights

update